All you need to know about SMo Credits
This is Student Motorsport’s way of rewarding students that want to go the extra mile in supporting their own futures, and our network.
You will collect SMo Credits for engaging with the site. This could be asking a question in a discussion group, answering a survey, taking a course and filling in your profile. Your balance of credits can be exchanged for things like course access, placement packages and exclusive discounts with our partners in motorsport.
By using the site and working on your career! We will reward you for posting on the site, contributing to discussions, taking courses, surveys and special competitions. We’ll be adding to the list below as we go, but here’s a look at how you can earn credits (and it’s really easy):
- 10 Credits for activating your account
- 10 Credits for an invited users account activation
- 4 Credits for changing your profile avatar (1 per month)
- 10 Credits for completing 75% of your essential profile
- 2 Credits for writing an activity stream post (limited to 5 per day)
- 1 Credit for replying to a post on the activity stream (limited to 5 per day)
- 2 Credits for a liked post on the activity stream (limited to 5 per day)
- 4 Credits for writing a group activity stream post (special offer! – limited to 5 per day)
- 4 Credits for joining a group
- 50 Credits p/month for being promoted to group moderator/administrator
- 4 Credits for creating a new forum topic post in a group (limited to 5 per day)
- 3 Credits for replying to a forum topic post in a group (limited to 5 per day)
- 1 Credit for getting a new like on a forum topic post (limited to 5 per day)
1 credit is the equivalent of 20 pence (£GBP), but this may change in the future.
There is no resale value to SMo Credits.
There are limits to how many times you can be rewarded for a certain action, e.g. you can only be rewarded for your first 3 activity posts of the day.
Points can also be deducted for exploitative behaviour such as spamming or posts being split up unnecessarily if we see this behaviour happening frequently.
Not all courses, products or services advertised on our website will be eligible for Credit usage.
How to spend your SMo Credits
Student Motorsport is working with partners to build a bank of opportunities for you to reward yourself and build up your career. We will let you know when new opportunities become available, including our own courses.
CoursesGain knowledge and become work-ready
Online learning in your own time
Get deeper insight into industry
Supplement what you learn in class
Placment+We arrange a work experience placement for you
Work-ready Training provided
We find you the placement
Exclusive DiscountsMoney off motorsport products and services
Trade in points for partner vouchers
Percentage, fixed or whole discounts
We're are building a catalogue of partners
Your credit earnings log
Customise your e-mail notification settings
Please, log in to view your email preferences.