Win a motorsport placement
Enter our prize draw for a chance of winning a Student Motorsport Placement+ Package worth £300. Five packages are available to win.
Competition closes in
Student Motorsport is giving away five Placement+ Packages to mark the launch of our new web platform and services. And here's what you could win:
The Placement+ Package
We have been arranging placements for passionate students for years. So with Placement+ you will go into a placement with a personal and professional development plan to make the most of your experience. Not only will you get a good look at what the future holds, but come away knowing how to get there.
Your questions answered
We've answered the most pressing questions below. But if there's anything you would like to know, please get in touch.
We’ll work with you and the suppliers to find the best options. Your placement can be over a week or spread out over a longer period (e.g. 3 race weekends). Consultations will not begin until late April of 2022.
You will need to arrange your own travel and cover other expenses such as accommodation, but we will speak with each supplier about supporting you with this.
It’s not impossible, but unlikely, sorry! Our experience suggests you can get more valuable experience from smaller teams where you may be asked to have a more ‘hands-on’ role.
We start by making sure we understand your needs and ensure your host has a plan of activities that will actually help you. We’ll check in during the placement and perform checks on each supplier for peace of mind.
We can speak to your teacher or parents to discuss the placement.
If you don’t like the look of a placement we propose to you, we will find an alternative, but this is limited to two more attempts. If 3 placements are proposed and refused, we may have to withdraw the service – unless your refusals are reasonable.
If you’ve started the placement, we’ll speak to both you and the host to work out if anything could be changed. We’ll find you an alternative placement if you wish to stop before the 3rd day of your experience, or if the circumstances are exceptional.
Yes – we will discuss your requirements and do our very best to find you a host that can accomodate. We are able to speak to support networks and discuss any additional support we can provide you and the host.
How to enter
It's easy to compete
Create a FREE Student Motorsport account
Fill in as much of your profile as you want, upload your profile picture and manage your privacy settings. Create a free account >
Join a Discussion Group and introduce yourself
Create a post in the group and tell us about yourself, your goals or a query relevant to the group. View Discussion Groups >>
Fill in the form below to enter the competition
Let us know you’re entering the competition by completing the simple form below. You will need to be logged in to your account to do this.
- Open to UK residents and anyone willing to travel to the UK, covering their own expenses, should they win the competition.
- Five winners will be randomly selected. We will check each selected entrant’s profile, content and competition form submission to ensure an entry is valid.
- One account per person.
- You must be 15 years of age or older (16 or older to be able to work in a pitlane). 15-17 year olds will need permission from a parent or guardian.
- A valid entry requires you to create an account, create a post in a discussion group and fill in the required form.
- Your profile must include a full name and location.
- You must post in at least 1 discussion group. It is suggested this is an introduction to yourself, or a post relevant to the discussion group.
- Posts or profiles judged to be inappropriate or ‘spam’ in nature will invalidate your entry.
- Should Student Motorsport have reasonable basis to believe that someone has cheated or negatively affected another entrant’s chances of winning, a redraw may be taken and users may be removed from the service entirely.
- In the event a winner is drawn with an invalid entry, a new entrant will be drawn to find a new winner.
- The draw will occur on Monday the 4th and winners will be contacted on the same day. If you win, we will contact you by e-mail and request you fill in a competition winners form. You will need to complete the form within 5 days. If we do not hear from you within that time, we will redraw your place.
- Winners will be announced publicly on Tuesday 12th April.
- Placement+ Packages are subject to their own terms & conditions which will be published in April and agreed with each winner before consultation or the placement can take place, and before winners are announced.